The following notice describes how your medical information may be used and disclosed and how you can access this information. Please review this information carefully.
This notice of Privacy Practices describes how your Protected Health Information (‘PHI’) may be used and disclosed for treatment, payment or healthcare operations purpose and for other reasons that are permitted or required by law.
- Your Protected Healthcare Information may be released to other healthcare professionals within Relevar Home Care for the purpose of providing quality care.
- Your Protected Healthcare Information may be released to your insurance company for the purpose of Relevar Home Care receiving payment for services provided.
- Your Protected Healthcare Information may be released to public or law enforcement officials in the event of an investigation in which you are a victim of abuse, a crime or domestic violence.
- Your Protected Healthcare Information may be released to other healthcare providers in the event you need emergency care or in the event of disaster relief.
- Your Protected Healthcare Information may be released to a public health organization or federal organization in the event of a communicable disease or to report a defective device.
- Your Protective Healthcare Information may be released only after receiving written permission from you. You may withdraw your permission to release protected healthcare information at any time, in writing, except to the extent that action has already been taken on the use or disclosure indicated in the authorization.
- Unless you object, Relevar Home Care may disclose Protected Healthcare Information to a member of your family, a close friend, or any other person you identify if the information relates directly to that person’s involvement in your healthcare. This will include any family members you have provided to the agency upon admission. If you are unable to agree or object to such a disclosure, the agency may disclose information as necessary if it is in your best interest to do so.
- You have the right to receive a copy of this Privacy notice upon request.
- The agency will abide by the terms of this notice. The agency reserves the right to make changes to this notice and continue to maintain the privacy of all healthcare information.
- You have the right to complain to Relevar Home Care if you believe that your rights to privacy have been violated. If you feel that your privacy right have been violated please mail your complaint to:
Relevar Home Care
Attn.: Privacy Officer
P.O Box 46654
Mt. Clemens, MI 48046
All complaints will be investigated. No personal issue will be raised for filing a complaint with the agency.